Friday, July 22, 2005

we can still be friends?

the definition of friend as it applies in my life: someone who comes to me for no reason, just because; someone to whom I can go for help; someone who trusts me; and someone who keeps my secrets.
Sometimes there are people I hang out with a lot, it may even become routine, and we may like each other a great deal, but they are not friends. Why? I guess because I am picky. Friend is a title for the elite. The others, I guess I would call them positive acquaintances. There are many of these who would be offended if they discovered their title.
Friends I am passionate about. I don't use the word like. I use the word love. Not necessarily to them, but about them. They become in my life second only to my siblings. My friends will never doubt my affection for them, not for a single second. My acquaintances might, because they will play second fiddle in my life. Also my affection for them will wane with their actions, whereas a friend has secured themselves for life. The only offense that can lessen their position? Betraying me. My friends are never a waste of my time. Never. I will lose sleep for them and sleep is my favorite time of the day.
My friends do not call me a liar. They do not pester me. They do not go behind my back for answers. They do NOT put my friends in the middle of awkward situations. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SNEAK AROUND AND READ MY BLOG WITHOUT MY TELLING THEM ABOUT IT. In short, my friends are better than you.

Yes, when I am mad, I get cruel. I may be sorry for it later, but not now. This is my journal of sorts, an outlet. I shouldn't have to edit it for anyone else.

(p.s. from the future: I'm sorry)

No comments: