Eventually you realize that you are the only one instigating interaction, the only one starting conversations. No matter how politely the other party responds, no matter how friendly, the level of friendship is not reciprocated. There is no reaching back on their part. They are not thinking of you, missing you, wishing for more of a relationship.
I have tried to revitalize some friendships recently, in light of my trip to Provo. Tried to create some sort of casual message relationship, like I have with my siblings. Like, "hey, I saw this funny thing you'd like," and "I had a weird dream where you were NPH," and only half-facetious, "when will you come visit me?" etc..
Ted and Tarythe have taken up the new dynamic eagerly, replying and reciprocating, and I feel more a part of their lives. Others, no so much. And I need to get the hint and leave them alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment