To the tune of "Wonderful Tonight," written by April Flory and Jamie Bond in December 2004.
Joe came to see Audrey
Five times in one day.
He gave her a phone call,
But she was away.
Five times in one day.
He gave her a phone call,
But she was away.
So then we ask her, "What're you gonna do?"
She says, "My roommates, like I'm going to tell you."
She says, "My roommates, like I'm going to tell you."
She sat on Eureka.
Joe came back upstairs.
Her feet were freezing,
But she stayed out there.
Joe came back upstairs.
Her feet were freezing,
But she stayed out there.
So then we ask her, "Do you think he'll be back?"
She says, "My roommates, I'm not telling you that."
She says, "My roommates, I'm not telling you that."
Now she is blushing
Like rarely before.
She sits on the sofa,
We wait to hear more.
Like rarely before.
She sits on the sofa,
We wait to hear more.
So then we ask her, "Audrey, do you like Joe?"
She says, "My roommates, that's for me to know."
She says, "My roommates, that's for me to know."
Rereading my journal made me realize that I had forgotten about Joe. He was Matt and Bryan's roommate and got dubbed early on "the hotness." He pursued me for a little while, but when Bryan asked if I considered Joe a friend, I replied, "he amuses me." He was nice enough, but we never bonded, and his affections later switched to April.
No comments:
Post a Comment