Friday, December 16, 2005

opposition in all things

Of course, the day after the perfect week ends, I get a cold. Not just any cold, one of those deep-chest colds where breathing seems an impossible task and you wish the knife in your throat would cut deeper and just get it over with. I had the day off, so I spent it sleeping. I called in sick to work today and again used my time productively, by laying in near coma hour after hour. I find that if I focus on my every breath, I can avoid coughing, and if I stay silent my throat had nothing of which to complain...as long as I don't swallow. So really everything is a-ok. I'm a little hungry and loopy from Dayquil, but besides those effects, I have been enjoying a new Zen-like state. Perhaps I'll reach enlightenment tonight. Or perhaps I'll call in sick again tomorrow.

No comments: