Wednesday, June 06, 2007

distance

I've been thinking today. A lot. Mostly about distance. A quote came to mind from the movie I.Q. Alas, it is not quoted in IMDB so I cannot relate it here correctly. It is where Catherine, explaining some theory or another, states that it is impossible for two people to dance. The reason being is that you always travel half the distance between two points, therefore never reaching your destination although critically narrowing the distance. I thought of that today, and how no matter how much effort one person puts forth to close the distance between him and someone else, inevitably at some point the other person must come the other half. Or, I guess, the first person can aim for double.

3 comments:

Nora said...

I sit perfectly still with chocloate in one hand, money in the other, and strawberry gloss on my lips and wait for people to come to me. If none of those things will work, then they are just too complicated for me to figure out.

P.S., if you got a fortune cookie today it would say: Lumberjacks can expect good news soon.

Emilie said...

I understand and feel the exact same way. Love you!

T said...

I watched IQ the other day because you had mentioned it in your post and I'd never seen it. Good movie.