with the cadence of "Noisy Nora"
The movie's not as funny
as it seemed to be last time.
I may not be laughing,
but not crying means I'm fine.
I had a quite relaxing day
with enough time to enjoy
those painlessly lapsed hours
on my bed with no employ.
My friends were on the river.
I was invited to attend,
but I avoided sunburn.
And who needs time with friends?
I managed to go shopping,
a chore put off 'til now,
but I made it home with only
chocolate and no chow.
I find it's to be expected
I'm not always at my best,
but if I didn't know better,
I'd say that I'm depressed.
At first I avoided showering
but then I showered twice.
I couldn't find a way to pass
the time that was as nice.
I didn't want to talk at all,
but I waited by the phone.
While company's annoying,
it's an improvement on "alone."
I didn't stop to eat a meal,
for nothing sounded good.
I've always found hot cocoa
a good substitute for food.
I found the inspiration
with direction from my muse,
but each new poem written
sounded darker and confused.
I guess I needed time
to myself in which to rest--
I'm just not used to being
emotionally distressed--
but if I had to admit it,
and I will if pressed,
it might just look as though
I'm a little bit depressed.
2 comments:
But I'm back again! said Audrey, with a monumental crash.
Have you seen the movie of that book yet? I saw that Redbox had it last week.
Post a Comment