Emilie and I had a wonderful and sad conversation. We both cried. It involved our hurt feelings, not from each other, but from past relationships. It ended in one conclusion: we need to reinstate arranged marriages.
We will set up a network, like LDS Link-up. Parents can communicate over vast distances, narrowing their network to a community of shared values from which to pick their children's spouses. This would solve so many problems.
I would never try to give a bad first impression because I know that he's in it for good, no matter what.
I wouldn't hold back and because of that he would love me as I am, making a long-lasting strong relationship of its own.
My parents, who have such different ideas of what's good for me, would find the perfect match when finally forced to compromise.
Those who cannot marry arranged out of sheer principle will be those story-worthy passionate ones who are destined to find true love or a great calling on their own anyway.
Guys would be held to a much lower standard for romance. That's good for them and us.
Overall, good idea.
5 comments:
Not so sure my parents should pick my spouse. But I trust /you/...will you pick a suitable consort for me? My only absolute requirements are that he be cuddly and kind...everything else I leave up to you to decide. Although, to be helpful, I wouldn't mind if he had an accent. ;)
me? destined to find true love or die alone.
I'd go for an arranged marriage anyday. I think my daddy could pick a suitable suitor for me. It sure would save a lot of time and stress. Plus then I would be resigned to living with him, and could go about learning to deal with it instead of blaming myself for making a bad choice. Hurray for arranged marriages!
Just remember the kind of guys that mom and dad both said were "nice boys".
Spencer Mangum!!!
Post a Comment