Last spring, I applied to the community college nursing program. I had perfect grades, perfect test scores, perfect application. And I got rejected.
The entire process was determined by a point system. Up to 3 points for each qualification. I had 24 out of 30 points, because I had not taken microbiology (which could be taken up to the first semester in the nursing program) and I had no relevant work experience. I got my CNA license but I did not work in the field, a combination of not having the time with kids at home and also not wanting to.
I got passed up in favor of those with work experience.
I felt at a loss. My plan had been the nursing program in the fall. I had worked hard and done everything I could to fulfill the prompting. It was a serious blow to my confidence.
I have since taken, and aced, microbiology. I also applied to UNC. While I got accepted to the latter, I cannot apply to their nursing program until next spring, after I take chemistry prerequisites that don't exist at the local community college. I also applied again this spring to the community college nursing program. I now have 27 points, but I do not have the last three for work experience.
The applications were due May 10th. I have not heard back, which means I have likely been rejected again.
And I do not know what to do. I feel crushed and overwhelmed and lost. I don't know what my future looks like. And that is messing with my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment