I waited only long enough for her to get her clothes on. Then I clung to her like a child. She petted my head. I started crying, just like I had cried the night before in the middle of the crowd.
Please, I whispered. Please don't ask me again to go to a dance with you.
She promised.
It's not that I don't like dancing. I love it. I like to go dancing, especially if I have a guaranteed partner. Country dancing, swing dancing, latin dancing. But not YSA dances. I hate crowds, I hate flashing lights, and I hate hiphop music. Dances demand all my energy, and if I don't have energy they suck my life force. I was disappointed by the night already, so a stressful environment put me over the edge. Cassidy felt responsible for me and tried to make my night better, which was beyond her powers. I just needed to get home and sleep. Maybe I'll do better at the dance tonight with Emilie.
No comments:
Post a Comment