Sunday, February 05, 2006

crushing me

I decided at the beginning of this semester that I am ready to date. Even above that--I am ready to actually put work into a relationship. So I made this decision and then boldly stood up to look around, and I was cruelly disappointed to see no one running to my side, hoping to be candidate for my affections. The one boy on whom I have my eye isn't making any bold moves to claim me; he is standing stock-still without even so much as a deer-in-the-headlight look in my direction. Occasionally I think he casts a sideways glance, but I can't seem to catch him at it.

But maybe, despite my aggravations, this is for the best. Truthfully, were he to bound to my doorstep and assault me with vigorous and amorous attentions, I would flee with all my strength. The best way to win my trust is to be my friend, to just be there. But why does he have to go and actually be just my friend?

I check my email like a crazy person. And even when I do get an email it is sparse, and no matter how many times I reread it looking for hidden meanings I find none. His blog (which he gave me permission to read; and no I will not return the favor-naturally) doesn't ever mention anything concrete. It is merely a witty column-esque commentary on everything but what I want to know--which is this: does he notice me, and, if so, in what manner?

Help! I'm not cut out for liking someone.

No comments: