There are times when I think I am evil. And there are times when I know I am. Ripping into Toby could be construed as evil; it certainly wasn't a bout of passion. My cool crossfirings were well deserved. What idiot goes to an apartment of girls, by their invitation, partakes of their hospitality and food and then proceeds to insult their likes, their pasts and their gender? I didn't misbehave really. He did.
Conversation:
C: I've dated someone who was 29.
T: That's disgusting. Isn't that against the law?
A: No.
T: Yes it is. He's eleven years older than her. (by the way it should have been: he's eleven years older than she)
A: Statutory laws specify an age difference of four years and the one being under eighteen. Besides you have to have sex for it to be against the law. She may associate with anyone she chooses of any age.
T: Wow, I don't think that's appropriate on Sunday.
A: The word sex is not a sin.
T: Are you going to be a lawyer?
A: No. I just believe that a person ought to be informed of a country's laws if he is to live in it. Or to speak about them.
T: Find special interest in that one in particular?
A: Rather.
I had other conversations with him, not all so nice. I decided that I don't like him.
But I do like the boys in apartment 130. I like them a lot. That's what makes my other rant less forgivable. That's how I know I am evil. I basically told them that they are overly content to be content, that their relationships are shallow as a result and the only thing I have seen them passionate about in Epic Duels. I was lecturing myself, but how are they to know that.
I can be very ungrateful at times. Luckily I think my presumptuous behavior may have led to a more open relationship with them. Blunt honesty is what I like best
1 comment:
It's true. You are honest - and blunt. But that's one of the many things we like about you. And I don't think you're evil. Who is this Toby guy anyway? He probably deserved it. (did I just say that? I can't believe I'm not deleting that!)
Post a Comment