Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Can-do

I have taken an inventory of all our food storage, and my project for February is to get it canned. Alas, monthly budget only allows for 22 #10 cans, so in February, I can can half of it (using January's and February's allotment). I'll finish it in April. And I have learned my lesson: for the rest of the year, while I complete our supply, I will can on site before bringing it home. Or better yet, buy the pre-canned stuff.

2 comments:

T said...

The pre-canned food storage is totally the way to go. Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to can at home (unless it's food from their garden or something like that).

Audrey Michal said...

It was cheaper at the time. With the budget I had, I managed to get nine months of food storage, instead of six months canned. Now I am canning it, because I have the money. From now on, however, I will merely be adding to my initial stock, so I will buy it pre-canned.