Friday, July 25, 2008

dances with wolves

I had a nightmare Wednesday night that left me shaken and depressed all day Thursday. I had more energy for hiking because of the fierce self-destructive drive pushing me forward. I had no appetite when I got home, and I preferred laying in bed to doing anything. I kept my mind away from replays of the dream by reciting poetry, scripture and song lyrics. When I finally went to bed, I felt calm, if not happy. Then a random scene from Dances with Wolves popped into my brain (the scene where the soldiers shoot the wolf) and I sprang up in my bed and began sobbing, bawling hysterically over a fictional even that I wasn't even witnessing. I finally hushed myself and lulled myself to sleep by imagining that my bed was rocking in a breeze. I think I'm cracking up.

No comments: