Monday, April 03, 2006

little

An acquaintance came over to my apartment yesterday as I sat with my laptop, writing. I gave a distracted answer to his questions after my well-being. At least I think that is what he meant by, "wuz-up," in this case. Oh, are you writing in your little blog?

Oh how I wish Tarythe or Ted had been there for my facial expression, because I am sure only they would have seen my reaction. Debby might have picked up on it; she and Spencer sat on the other couch.

I turned my head and smiled at this visitor. How charmingly condescending of you. But, no, I am not writing in my little blog. I am in the process of writing a little story that I hope someday to turn into a little novel. And how are you? I wanted to add. Did you receive your little rejection letter from that little university you wanted into?

Debby and Spencer squirmed in the background. I smiled again and went back to dreaming my little dreams of being a little writer.

3 comments:

Nora said...

Oh, you're still little and cute. :)

Julie said...

just so you know it's Debi, not Debby. it just took me a while because i didn't associate the name with the person until i read it out loud. maybe i just have problems though i know i like it when my name is spelled right.

the poor guy. good thing he doesn't know your facial expressions well enough to be scared.

T said...

It's true. If he'd understood your facial expression, I'm sure he would have realized the perilous position he had just put himself in. :)